QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 86|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题四十四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Corporate Manager:  Julian Smith is a member of a secret society, and
# m9 g6 w. @0 r% ]6 L, I          members of secret societies usually do not want their membership) L; `: @. _2 W( a3 `5 v
          to be widely known.  If we hired people who wanted to hide their
& s; g; E6 N. g$ J3 z6 f          membership in that society, our competitors, by threatening to reveal) b% n% S( c1 M1 x
          that membership, might pressure them to violate our corporate: Z# U' K0 b$ S* U8 t- y
          interests.  Since our company has to protect itself, we should not hire
" w3 f/ o; h$ u          anyone who is vulnerable to this sort of pressure.  Hence, we should. i- g+ k$ f/ j; O3 G$ x
          not hire Julian Smith.
4 G6 D2 e4 J* \& u2 V' h( ~) t" l    Which of the following is an assumption made by the manager in arguing
# R+ e/ J2 M' e   against the hiring of Julian Smith?
( N. c8 i5 A5 Q0 P" C7 R& P7 y         Julian Smith does not want his membership in his secret society to be$ T1 s7 ]! |. T/ Q- Q7 B, S
          widely known.  4 r6 `3 _. R7 |# i+ m; a
        Julian Smith is employed by a company that is in competition with the+ a- w7 p" B/ {% D4 b
          manager's corporation.  * e! p( q# P9 m/ m1 y
        The position for which Julian Smith has applied is one that would expose! |1 I6 \1 L3 s: i# V5 H
          him to a great deal of confidential information.  ( Q" H( |" }" X9 \4 V+ e5 c: _
        A person who is a member of a secret society is likely to treat someone1 W4 r7 C7 m1 J% C
          who is not a member of such a society as a competitor.  3 y  a  {% i. B3 x6 [0 X- _: b
        Secret societies are obliged to protect the interests of their members.  ( F2 Z/ ^. q0 ]: d
答案A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-8 07:01 , Processed in 0.416620 second(s), 21 queries .