立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 96|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题三十六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
. Which of the following most logically completes the argument?& b! u4 e; R- m; x7 Z8 G% q
% @9 A4 q) ?- n/ z
Alivia's government has approved funds for an electriciy-generation 8 w3 u; f2 C. t; w6 X+ ~6 Y
project based on the construction of a pipeline that will carry water from
) x6 @; A! e! s7 w4 ` Lake Cylus, in the mountains, to the much smaller Lake Tifele, in a nearby
$ p. o% R9 R  `  H valley.  The amount of electricty generated will be insufficient by itself to ; |* k1 ?, h; v. u
justify the project's cost, even if the price of imported oil---Alivia's pri-% o; A! n$ _5 v* z, G
mary source of electricty---increases sharply.  Nonetheless, the pipeline
2 Z& U. M" @& [) r3 Q5 q project is worth its cost, because
" z, r2 N+ _  P      A  the price of oil, once subject to frequent sharp increases, has fallen
" ~  Z' u% @/ K        significantly and is now fairly stable   
3 v/ O4 P6 O1 H" I, |% j9 c7 e: h      B the project could restore Lake Tifele, which is currently at risk of
5 Q( ]6 \$ T5 Y' m9 M        drying up and thus of being lost as a source of recreation income1 D% w1 Q; _8 O4 B1 U: W
        for Alivia  0 v1 }7 F% }/ O1 E; [! ^5 o
    C    the government of Alivia is currently on excellent terms with the gov-  J. ?# B3 z; y( v
        ernments of most of the countries from which it purchases oil  . u, u/ G4 m4 `" s$ q
     D    it would cost less to generate electriciy by moving water from Lake
; F" e6 B' z8 i/ x  d0 _2 r        Cylus to Lake Tifele than to do so by moving water from Lake Cylus
& l4 p: I# ~- v+ i& ]! a        to another valley lake  
) V- o9 B' n4 |+ c2 `      E   Alivian officials do not expect that the amount of electricty used in
4 O+ H7 S3 s$ ^# s4 c        Alivia will increase substantially within the next ten years  
) m# l. o0 t3 y/ I答案:B
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 12:28 , Processed in 0.255577 second(s), 21 queries .