立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 68|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题五十一

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Editorial:Pineville's budget is chronically overspent.  Nevertheless, the mayor  claims; V3 i. G5 Q' e; d
that the town can have a new community swimming pool without raising muni-
! ^; X9 h: o3 M4 i! k$ l$ ?4 N( {cipal  taxes, since the pool can be built on available municipal land and the
( X+ h6 @) M* hentire construction debt can be repaid by admission fees alone.  The mayor's
) b7 x; {2 {7 k% M4 T0 fclaim is  wrong, however; building a community pool would require costly road ( W8 @0 z- l. m9 ~9 F/ f, _
improvements in the new pool's vicinity, and municipal taxes are Pineville's
+ m, M+ R& ~! t# N3 p6 D' h( Aonly available revenue source.
* i' h8 F) R2 R- EWhich of the following is an assumption on which the editorial's argument
2 `" {% f* L1 g9 E1 ^, _depends?
5 @, [& ]. X6 w; `     A The town of Pineville will not, in the future, succeed in reducing the amount
6 o6 Z- U; j, P& `        by which it overspends its budget annually.  8 D8 G% I. b) E+ L: S
    B  Pineville does not at present have a community pool that is in use.  / u, F" K, W+ `, l( ~4 L( D
C  A majority of the residents of Pineville would be willing to pay an admis-
5 u; G. p; e* J        sion fee to use the new community pool.  # ~9 \2 F) ?. \3 ~1 f! [4 h
D  The mayor is not well informed about all the costs that construction of a
8 @( `# w  G; {; ?! `        new community pool would involve.  : W5 W3 r& w$ z! N
E    At least some of the cost of road improvements in the vicinity of the new 4 ^5 S/ B# `. \7 k0 M) |% D6 c
        community pool in Pineville would have to be borne by the municipality.  
9 Y4 b8 \. y7 b+ L/ Z# e答案E
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 22:36 , Processed in 0.376825 second(s), 21 queries .