立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 107|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题五十五

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The officers of an 1845 English ship belonged to the nobility, but they 6 }5 Q3 U( m  a- C( z# G
experienced more severe lead poisoning on an extended voyage than
# r9 N; z* E9 l3 f: jdid the working-class crew.  It was discovered later that canned foods,* c* d' t; t' X, O+ y; V' f
bought by the crew and officers to supplement the equally distributed
/ q2 a* Y& u+ ^8 |9 k3 K/ \. tdried food rations, were tainted with lead. * w; F9 Y( }* \, U& {2 o
Given the information above, which of the following, if true, would most
, s( S2 I7 F) t8 c6 ?( b% Dcontribute to an explanation of the greater severity of lead poisoning
+ H8 j( _4 E/ B+ y, p; _among the officers?* [9 Q1 ?; j$ Q- @6 Z
    A  Although all ship members ate the same amount of food per day,. G9 i/ M$ a4 K( s( C
       the crew ate all of their daily dried food rations while the officers" r+ l7 {+ Z+ o! Z, m! o
       substituted canned food for most of their rations.  8 y- `% _0 I& Z& Z( I
     B The canned food produced in England in 1845 could last the dura-/ [- M; N% U" V! c+ t( Z3 G# N
        tion of most extended voyages without becoming inedible.  $ X, a2 j; r# Y
    C  On average, the officers had spent less time at sea than had the
- W# N) R: a, k  v) d& E  c8 e. n       members of the working-class crew.  ' Z6 D+ i0 K- O6 c  b& a/ i
     D The population of England in 1845 got much of its drinking water
8 D) c& {% K2 D# G' w) M2 t8 m5 E       from lead pipes that carried the water  from rivers and lakes,
- }+ S0 S/ k: ^, J       thereby contaminating the water with lead particles.  % P+ p; B& E6 R' B& k% M# }
    E  The rate of consumption of canned foods did not increase as
8 Y2 x6 z+ E$ d0 M( y. s2 a       the ship's voyage continued.  
3 S' Y5 Y: O, [; L+ B答案A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 12:29 , Processed in 0.842034 second(s), 21 queries .