立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 91|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题五十四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Eve r y fall, thousands of Canada geese migrate from Canada to the eastern United
' k0 a2 m" R0 j0 I4 b! R6 \* K States.  Recently, however, these geese have faced intense competition for food % [% ]2 N/ p9 g6 Q$ [" @1 ^' X
from a subspecies of Canada goose that lives year-round in the eastern United / W: x" }& b% _2 W1 V$ ]. J* @; [
States.  To prevent the nonmigratory population from endangering the migratory
; X+ p% L+ Y- `8 e" b; c5 Vgeese, some groups have proposed allowing hunting of the nonmigratory geese.  6 B1 T) Y7 P' j: ?
But since most hunters cannot visually distinguish the two subspecies, allowing any
* J  p4 i2 ~# P* _& ]  m9 m" ^2 k6 ~ hunting is surely unwise. 7 u0 p' I6 F' c5 g
Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?
9 b" x9 z5 ~% N1 b7 f& _A Hunting of the migratory Canada geese is permitted in some parts of Canada.  , b. d% j3 `' ?" ]* \4 B) x
B During the summer, only the nonmigratory geese are present in the eastern
! j& n/ R! C  }4 P  United States.  6 |" ~+ o, Z, m  U8 p: O" `
C The migratory Canada geese do not interbreed with the nonmigratory Canada - c" {! c# I3 T! d1 T
  geese.  
& }$ d& ~  B! C. _' Y$ SD The migratory subspecies and the nonmigratory subspecies are not the only 7 r0 {6 P/ \: ]+ R- L6 A( L: f) d, D
  two subspecies of Canada geese.    x( T" c6 [2 P# w( }7 D
E The groups that have proposed allowing hunting of the nonmigratory geese 4 u0 n0 B# ^4 i0 k
  have thoroughly studied both goose populations.  . B! s- f' J0 N2 p
答案B
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 12:24 , Processed in 0.281118 second(s), 21 queries .