立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 114|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题五十三

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
. Although the population of a certain salmon species in the Pleasant River   S3 i7 ^0 b; ^) o1 g7 m, b
has not decreased in the last five years, the average size of adult female " R9 y5 z6 m2 e) f8 K" n9 u
salmon of that species in the river has decreased significantly in this time.1 y  f2 y; s- r0 ]7 s
The latter fact indicates that the population of this species is ultimately
* g! k# ^' @0 [! M$ Lendangered, since small fish of a given species lay far fewer eggs than
" ]1 s! ]5 z# b9 W+ W2 M: j, `do large fish of the same species., P7 Z1 ]# q/ R( V, G/ M7 \! Y
Which of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?
( M  a; w* A, p% v# \6 E     A  Excluding fish of the salmon species, the average size of fish in the / v2 Q: Y4 z0 \6 I. z
       Pleasant River has increased over the past five years.  ! d7 O2 X6 p+ m1 F0 K5 n/ p
     B The largest adult female salmon living in the Pleasant River five
2 D* @3 T' Z9 \9 u- R       years ago were significantly larger than the largest adult female 2 }$ t/ N4 Y( Z+ t4 ?  g5 `2 q
       salmon living there now.  
8 B% n& F+ z  h# g& Z* y     C Smaller salmon are not an easier prey for salmon predators than are # D. \1 @3 B" t. B2 F3 a. b
       larger salmon.  . |& e' r& M: _# g
    D  The total number of eggs laid each year by salmon of the species
( u$ S+ V: X! M5 X       in the Pleasant River has not varied significantly over the past five
! ?/ C- r) [/ B5 Q% k" i/ N4 M       years.  : A  L. M/ i6 E- c3 `
    E  The proportion of the eggs laid by small salmon of the species that
. a8 O# b6 U" Y, t( Q8 m! z1 e% L       hatch into fish that reach reproductive maturity is not significantly
9 {$ k$ L/ }6 S, S* \/ Q5 n       greater than that of the eggs laid by large salmon of the species.  
3 _- q1 k: p* g1 X# E答案E
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 12:23 , Processed in 0.560912 second(s), 21 queries .