QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 72|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题七十一

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The Willett Museum, with one truly great work in an otherwise mediocre
, }7 w* b1 {9 w" j4 u# hcollection, can afford to remain open only by selling that work.  But with : I2 j" w9 d9 u8 F$ h5 \+ D6 o
that work gone, the museum's attendance figures, and thus its revenue - ?7 I) Z9 r+ O- ~  N
from admission tickets, would plummet.  The museum's operating deficit 1 f$ G; W) l1 \: S$ `7 S
would correspondingly grow and the proceeds from the sale would quickly ' L+ t* H; Y; _. \  P
be used up.  Therefore, the sale of the Willett's single great work would
$ R" \& [( E* ^. yonly delay the museum's inevitable closing.  
& I" U. I" q% {3 u Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?7 V, ~8 i/ C3 W* a5 Z4 u
      A   The Willett Museum derives some of its revenues from monies paid
5 P, Y" x# h0 C1 @+ x       by the organizers of special functions held at the museum.  
0 L7 b! W, L" a6 U      B The authenticity of the Willett Museum's single great work has never * H5 `$ W+ n7 s. H* U
       seriously been in doubt.  
( D: I4 ?1 @. c) h     C  The Willett Museum encourages patrons to make a donation to the
0 X" d4 G4 n/ Z+ S  `6 Q       museum every time they buy admission tickets.  : e( U* P, P  o3 f- }3 M) T( X
     D  The Willett Museum received its single great work as a conditional + V- @, D2 v  q5 Z9 H
       gift and would need to obtain permission to sell it.  
3 U; C" i9 M2 n7 W) j4 O; o: H1 z     E  The largest economic drain on the Willett Museum is the cost of - p6 S4 L1 t2 d7 i0 K$ [* u
       insuring its single great work.  ; T; |) m: d, R, l  I1 H
答案 E
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 13:28 , Processed in 0.158146 second(s), 21 queries .