QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 347|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题六十九

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
According to ancient records, the first tax that the government of  
3 z/ W$ Z) V1 sSelea imposed on a basic commodity was a tax of two centima  % W. V3 z+ ^, P5 \, E
coins on every jar of cooking oil sold in Selea.  Tax records show  ! N" C+ F: G+ s9 w8 A  u
that despite a stable population and strict enforcement of tax laws,  
9 Z$ v2 T0 K9 ^! |; l6 L: I: x! ~; Arevenues from the oil tax declined steeply over the first  two years  2 k: m: ^" }0 [  D8 S
that the tax was in effect.   - j8 M7 p) F, G/ i8 j
  : z/ t, s& L' i
Which of the following, if true, most helps to explain the decline in  / M5 ?, @8 ]+ k" t" k! ^2 x  P
Selean oil-tax revenues? ; o) v( }% e3 d. ~: i" U

' b) h3 U/ U7 l' V# G    A During the decade following the implementation of the tax,  ( D; W! P! b! _
       the average household income in Selea rose steadily.   7 x$ |% ]8 }$ F# n  G' F% E/ f0 H
    B  Two years after implementing the tax on cooking oil, the  " U; o, {" ^& g- s
      Selean government began to implement taxes on numer- ! y" M% O  F1 s* r
       ous other basic commodities.   
* e% G* j/ K) N* X+ C4 n" b    C Jars of cooking oil were traditionally bought as wedding gifts  
" @9 X5 h! x( X- z       in Selea at the time the tax went into effect, and gifts of  6 ^& f  R  y7 d. o( l5 P, Q
       cooking oil increased after the implementation of the tax.   ! i+ \; c" Y0 @' v3 v
   D   After the tax was imposed, Selean merchants began selling  7 h; V, k; |4 l  H
       cooking oil in larger jars than before.   
% r. X. I; z( s/ d    E  Few Selean households began to produce their own cooking  
& _- P) M0 c5 S0 Y       oil after the tax was imposed.  ; u, V& Y+ l: m1 n: C
答案 D
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-8 07:32 , Processed in 0.170233 second(s), 21 queries .