QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 56|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题七十八

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
In the past three summers, increasing numbers of migratory marine mammals
- p! I7 ^/ T" i3 _" p* F/ `" } have died in the Gordon City Bay area.  It is now hypothesized that certain clean -' I3 h. J1 E, _
ing products for ships' hulls which contain the chemical LSA are responsible for * t$ ^* J9 ]. R" Q( k  n! v
the deaths. LSA,   which weakens mammals' defenses against infections, has 8 o$ X' S: u, L, N
been found in tissue samples from many of the dead animals and, significantly, 5 M, d4 h$ E9 Y/ m- _$ {* W
the animals died of a viral infection not usually fatal to them.& r  X( f+ H) i
  Which of the following, if true, most strongly supports the hypothesis given?
+ C% Y! P$ k/ }     A   The  cleaning products containing LSA came onto the market about four + s! v. |6 s: l* l3 }& L
        years ago and have, because of their superior effectiveness in cleaning 4 C1 {; F( I" x' k: [# @, P
        ships' hulls, displaced the cleaners previously used.  
. ]5 `" F! H0 X( p2 M& f      B  Tissue samples from the dead marine mammals have also been found to
; @! ]2 j: W) y0 w        contain many substances other than  LSA   that are toxic to marine mammals.
* L% d& L/ D' _8 C+ S  _5 J    C    There are some indications that the virus that caused the deaths of marine
; o. @$ ^; o3 M/ W        mammals around Gordon City Bay has mutated in recent years into a more
2 x4 W+ J; ^. Q  g/ `        harmful form.  1 X9 l$ V( T9 ?  j; B& Q1 e% ~
    D    Few of the marine mammals summering around Gordon City Bay ever stray
- x1 y3 `. y. K5 Y        into Gordon City harbor and its extensive seaport facilities.  
: s6 _3 W# \" a, t* x    E    During the past three years in Gordon City Bay, there have been a number
* g; `1 X/ q% b& w        of fairly large fish kills in addition to increased deaths of marine mammals.
  G, d/ Z) y" d答案:A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-8 07:24 , Processed in 0.468625 second(s), 21 queries .