立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 91|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 2011年reviesd GRE考试作文题库(17)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
131. Claim: Researchers should not limit their investigations to only those areas in which they expect to discover something that has an immediate, practical application.$ U' ^6 m2 p% O+ D# C
Reason: It is impossible to predict the outcome of a line of research with any certainty.
8 D# X  K7 Q8 p/ d- B6 NWrite a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.1 }5 j9 k7 i! R9 x! F% ^# B6 m! ~

; S$ C% U+ ^  @6 C  C( g132. Some people believe that our ever-increasing use of technology significantly reduces our opportunities for human interaction. Other people believe that technology provides us with new and better ways to communicate and connect with one another.  ~1 K7 l. f8 [
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.6 l9 a! g: p5 c, _1 e: ~
  Q  H: p. X/ v! O
133. Claim: Knowing about the past cannot help people to make important decisions today.
% ~+ d( x3 |) jReason: The world today is significantly more complex than it was even in the relatively recent past.3 z. ?3 B8 t. l) @6 C0 z6 u: `. P$ |
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.. T/ |0 V$ h$ G! K  q* T) S' f# f- R

5 d$ I; ~5 `' T1 d134. Claim: Knowing about the past cannot help people to make important decisions today.. S: H$ q' r0 |$ M% Q# j+ O
Reason: We are not able to make connections between current events and past events until we have some distance from both.
" v( A3 @7 ]5 G# N1 o! [Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
' X4 N& q, f0 {7 ]
5 c5 F' t( d; U4 L135. Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers.
" F$ R0 F- i. v0 S8 xWrite a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.4 d$ S- g) L9 Y3 [8 L  v1 r
6 @8 D, n0 k/ x( i1 D6 G* M
136. Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study in which jobs are plentiful.: k. E; |9 I! T- v" \6 u6 a% q9 v9 {
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.  t1 |& O- Y# {- F; i7 f- G! H
7 W: v; P2 P1 b" \( n
137. Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.) u' A( H) e: F
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.+ V8 n# a) k7 i. n+ ^3 |3 G

7 r+ Q1 {' |0 |6 W8 _! _138. Some people believe that competition for high grades motivates students to excel in the classroom. Others believe that such competition seriously limits the quality of real learning.$ G8 w- P% {8 e; n2 F/ \6 s$ X
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.& h8 @, P# w+ X' b: t
  `, q$ d) C% D5 s% w
139. Claim: Major policy decisions should always be left to politicians and other government experts.8 M+ a3 O8 b7 P, f% Q
Reason: Politicians and other government experts are more informed and thus have better judgment and perspective than do members of the general public.. m; y7 n, _2 W% y2 T0 L8 r3 x, u
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.$ k6 @, V5 W; x) c
# L0 r! b& C6 `) w# E
140. Some people believe that universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. Others believe that universities should not force students to take any courses other than those that will help prepare them for jobs in their chosen fields.5 y8 T" g. K8 M
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-8 17:42 , Processed in 0.544213 second(s), 21 queries .