立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 126|回复: 0

[GRE真题] GRE出国考试北美试题(14)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:45:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
3. Which of the following assignments of segments to slots two and three, respectively, results in one and only one type of segment to be assigned to each of the remaining slot?
. b0 ]7 a+ {4 ]* @# A    (A) Weather report, record' `' v  d6 h) Z$ b3 ~
    (B) Weather report, sports report
) r7 L! F( Q) _3 K, i9 _3 Z0 V, `    (C) Record, sports report. ^" j) P  r; f8 c1 [  h0 x" g
    (D) sports report, commercial5 c& h; N8 d5 ]" n
    (E) Sports report, record
" V; a+ u1 w" [4 l# w. i3 z0 h, }    4. If a weather report is aired in slot tow, and if the sports report is aired in slot five, all of the following must be true EXCEPT:/ u" g. Z  J. S) `% x% O
    (A) A record is aired immediately after the sports report.+ w5 A) i+ h$ b% Y2 n+ y& c
    (B) A record is aired in slot three.
& u8 d7 Q4 V% L" v' `4 e6 H/ J    (C) A commercial is aired in slot four.
* q" ~3 g4 S( l4 A: q9 D3 F5 j    (D) A commercial is aired in slot eight.外语学习网) N8 z$ m% O( I4 f
    (E) A commercial is aired immediately after a record.
# K, k( K2 n, d, x7 ~! |' G    5. If a program begins with the weather report, and if one commercial is aired immediately before the sports report and one commercial is aired immediately after it, the records must be assigned to slots: \9 f3 |" W3 C0 w7 ?: ]
    (A) one through four
9 ?- l" h, [$ u4 Q, ?6 y' M    (B) two through five
2 D* J' D  w: ~, y# p+ p1 t    (C) three through six; F8 H. ?2 [% O, o- z/ {
    (D) four through seven: q5 A' U% s/ Y
    (E) five through eight
9 S7 E) r$ |: ^4 \2 t    6. If a record is aired after each commercial, and if the sports report is aired in slot five, which of the following must be true?9 g6 L0 g2 z4 H% u% y7 o1 e
    Ⅰ. A record is aired is slot seven.( x" }' C3 ]8 m# W, }9 b- y
    Ⅱ. A commercial is aired in slot three.8 [4 M" a0 f9 `2 Z$ t
    Ⅲ. The sports report is aired between two records.
9 }4 q3 A1 f9 B* Q$ {    (A) Ⅰonly) C$ @2 H9 }# o6 @# Z
    (B) Ⅱonly' E" I: ~6 k" m+ n$ I* y
    (C) Ⅲonly( _' `% B4 F2 R/ `
    (D) Ⅰand Ⅱonly4 N- r7 U0 s6 p; k2 v0 l& w
    (E) Ⅱand Ⅲ only
% i$ q1 k2 k9 M* |( s    7. If the weather report is aired in slot four, and if exactly two of the four records are played consecutively, the sports report must be aired in slot
( G$ m" b" h. V( \' X    (A) two) g6 H6 D/ H( X6 f$ k
    (B) three7 i' C- ]' F  t7 W8 }5 {
    (C) five
+ U. F: \! [; ^! r8 H* n4 R6 F: @    (D) six
$ C1 }/ ^1 c- P  s  T( c# M    (E) seven1 J+ R( g4 ?* [2 l) b7 G0 H/ H  }: C
    8. A man charged with theft of cable television services said, "They even want restitution of $662 they claim I owe them, which is ridiculous, because I didn't enjoy some of those shows at all."
1 E( a; {  w2 o( ^    The man's assertion establishes that he1 P$ T; z- @$ m# q" Z, ]  P) ^+ s
    (A) owes the money the cable service claims he owes# l8 `4 k1 S% k5 }; G4 r
    (B) did watch programs that were shown on the cable service, l3 K3 K3 E! T# h) A. |7 z
    (C) does owe the cable service an amount of money, but less than $662
2 v  S# a% ]& B% n7 B" A/ x    (D) was aware that his hookup to the cable service was unauthorized7 W; H: y4 W! ^6 ?. w
    (E) is willing to pay a moderate price of the cable service8 ?! S/ Q. x$ ]( H2 h
    9. The theoretical principle of democracy is majority rule, but at least in presidential politics majority rule has never triumphed. In every presidential election, more people of voting age failed to vote than voted for the eventual winner. "None of the above" is evidently the perennially favorite candidate of most citizens.
8 j  u3 F0 n, F  n    The conclusion of the passage is based on which of the following assumptions?
1 F6 {+ K. ?: ]. F: V" |+ k. t    (A) Nonresidential elections are less worthy Of study than are presidential election.
* S! T* q6 D0 `0 |* V  W    (B) People of voting age who fail to vote in presidential elections do so to express their dissatisfaction with the candidates.; A6 ?6 \* i& l/ `
    (C) A presidential candidate need not receive votes from a majority of those who actually vote in order to win an election.
/ p) Z' H( `  A% h    (D) The ratio of voters to nonvoter among those of voting age indicates the relative popularity of the competing candidates.1 D( x9 y9 i7 K5 l; \4 u1 }
    (E) The principle of majority rule has never been correctly defined.& @0 d' j( G8 e( Q
    10. Scientists do not live or work in isolation from the rest of the world. They toil in government laboratories, universities, and industry. Yet they espouse only what scientific evidence convinces them is true, not what the public wants to hear. In fact, nothing ruins scientific research faster than mixing it with political considerations.' C- l0 N& k' c. _' O2 G6 A9 `: c
    It can be inferred from the passage above that the author believes that6 w( n( I8 {8 c: [2 t- q  j
    (A) the public has no faith in the discoveries of scientists
) W5 H$ s7 |5 l4 x    (B) scientists cannot be effective politicians8 Y. P; a2 o) S6 G
    (C) scientific conclusions have few political implications/ Z4 M" g& y/ D  j( b
    (D) political aims are likely to be irrelevant to scientific research: W0 W: n5 ^8 }+ ]9 z6 m
    (E) scientific research should be apolitical
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 09:04 , Processed in 0.215845 second(s), 21 queries .