QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 38|回复: 0

[GRE写作] GRE考试:issue官方范文(三)2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 The world, as a whole, ignores them.  
- X, W0 Y8 H; `4 R2 G  One would hope, however, that governments, perhaps through a strengthened U.N., could somehow be forced to realize that when the Earth reaches the critical mass of pollution, it may be too late to do anything about it.
! I: M3 j' U) O$ ^+ f1 U' L 9 ^4 _/ Q$ H" K1 s
  That would be a "common tragedy" indeed.
, }  P/ |! j  \- D7 U, n
; ~) w: W5 \; W  评价
/ P0 i! A; v6 y 1 @1 `" R5 ^3 w2 _
  This excellent response displays an in-depth analysis of the issue and superior facility with language.8 Y& S+ _( g; v. U
; @+ ~4 o" T1 i' n) }( W
  While acknowledging that environmental problems are serious and of global dimensions, the essay explores the complexity of international cooperation.% P' p% J. a7 R  I" X

! A( E6 |9 `7 S1 m! z$ B  Such cooperation, the essay argues, runs into a variety of problems, and the writer offers persuasive examples to support that point:. K: l2 T! ^' \3 @% e# {

' C: Z) O. r6 Y1 Y6 y% z  -- the unwillingness of nations to "interfere" with other nations through political measures such as restriction of foreign aid& h+ W6 P. N# _
6 Z$ N, l! T" B; j
  -- inadequate environmental regulations, which are caused both by "the differential impact of polluting activities" between countries and regions and by the difficulty of comparing the "long-term effects of polluting actitivities" with the more easily documented, short-term costs of reducing pollution.
3 m) b+ O/ j( O/ A9 k : U) l& g# a2 |4 q7 A/ A6 n
  The essay distinguishes itself in part by its excellent organization.* k! i  ]" ^5 ~8 f+ \

" K/ n( G1 Q5 |; j  The first paragraph analyzes the claim and announces the writer's position; the second and third paragraphs provide clear examples supporting that position.
0 D; E1 x+ s; n 1 W$ Y& ?1 M4 s' V: N; @! o
  The skillful use of a quotation from a business person vividly illustrates the economic impact of pollution controls.
; G$ P0 Y# l- j4 \7 F 7 |# n! X) X; l  h
  The last two paragraphs bring a sense of closure to the essay by continuing the theme announced in the first paragraph -- that cooperation must wait until more dire circumstances produce the political will necessary to reduce pollution.  u+ \0 c+ I* p* J

; V+ t# c/ e) b  The essay exhibits superior control of grammar and syntax, with only minor errors.- x$ m9 _) N' Y9 _% E
+ z/ \  N2 _9 X( x% x6 J: M
  Transitional phrases -- "because," "however," "for instance" -- help guide the reader through the argument.5 @+ d. x' m; ?, f8 v2 D% f2 ]' d3 C

' k, x; J# J7 a! w/ S' g) H7 l  Also, effective sentence variety and the use of precise word choice help confirm the score of 6." U% K; r% j4 ]7 W9 F7 P. d: c

0 r, b0 ~- w3 {; Z  5、At no other time then in our present time has the need for unity and togetherness been more necessary to the inhabitants on our planet.3 a! R, `/ J# {

* F1 u* _8 B8 p$ ^$ |. K. {2 I  For many decades the motto has been one of waste and denial.# U3 [4 W, [/ |! x0 d3 b- f' _6 r( K

% _# S# G! Z9 @5 u0 k( n2 C  The world is in a race - racing to become number one - racing to destroy the earth.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 02:33 , Processed in 0.231934 second(s), 21 queries .