立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 54|回复: 0

[GRE写作] gre写作辅导:写作范文8

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The new president of the International Olympic Committee(IOC) is a mild-mannered orthopedic surgeon and former Olympic sailor with impeccable credentials. Rogge says his surgical career has taught him about having a sense of responsibility, and remaining humble, calm and cool.3 O5 f$ }/ N2 `! z: k
It is a popular myth that great geniuses—the Einsteins, Picassos and Mozarts of this world—spring up out of nowhere as if touched by the finger of God. A professor who studies early learning has attacked this myth, saying that when he looked into Gauss’s childhood, he found that Gauss’s mother had been teaching him numbers at the age of two.9 v  G8 W5 w& X/ Q; C$ Z& Z
His father had supervised manual workers, and played calculation games with him. Furthermore, Gauss had an educated uncle who taught him sophisticated math at an early age. It is the same story with other geniuses. Einstein’s father was an electrical engineer who fascinated his son with practical displays of physics.
& I/ ]2 n/ i- L* a2 [1 M& \" P0 dMozart’s father was a musician employed at a noble’s court who was teaching his son to sing and play almost before he could walk. “In every case, when you look into the backgrounds of great people, there is this pattern of very early stimulation by a parent or teacher figure.” says the professor.. L' v! G' z1 V% j5 W2 \4 I* D
Based on a research…., educators safely come to a conclusion that children who have beneficial conversations with their parents have an advantage over their peer groups in language ability, intellectual ability, and even social leadership skills.$ i* i) W  U7 P) q* S
It is recognized that history is full of examples of men and women who achieved greatness despite facing hurdles so steep that they easily could have crushed their spirit and left them lying in the dust. Lincoln overcame a difficult childhood, depression , the death of two sons, and constant ridicule during the Civil War to become arguably greatest president ever.
  {" ^  d/ a' S- \3 p* EHelen Keller made an impact on the world despite being deaf, dumb, and blind from an early age.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 19:07 , Processed in 0.204535 second(s), 21 queries .