只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 35|回复: 0

[GRE写作] gre写作辅导:写作资料句子8

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Advertisers use seven types of propaganda techniques:
2 o( i8 T' {5 ^8 Y1 w6 l1 T. o) G1)Name calling- e1 E# O: b! j$ A% \# Z6 A
Name calling is a propaganda tacit in which negatively charged names are hurled against the opposing side or competitor. By using such names, propagandists try to arouse the feeling of mistrust, fear, and hate in their audiences.
, ^* I1 \. M8 Y8 f2 j, zPolitical advisement may label an opposing candidate a “loser”, “fence-sitter”, or “warmonger”4 N8 u; }; l8 s
Products: An American manufacturer may refer, for instance, to a “foreign car” in its commercial—not to a “imported” one. The label of foreignness will have unpleasant connotations on many people’s mind.% _- h' G( x7 W9 e) J$ V% T& s8 I

9 J3 N  K& [# C, J0 C. }2)Glittering Generalities; {5 ~3 w% c0 A( v
Using glittering generalities is the opposite of name calling. In this case, advertisers surround their products with attractive--and slippery—words and phrases. They use vague terms that are difficult to define and that may have different meanings to different people: freedom, democratic, all-American, progressive, Christian, and justice. Many such words have strong, affirmative overtones. This kind of language stirs positive feelings in people, feelings that may spill over to the product or idea being pitched. As with the name calling, the emotional response may overwhelm logic. Target audiences accept the product without thinking very much about what the glittering generalities mean—or whether they even apply to the product. After all, how can anyone oppose “truth, justice, and the American way”?
4 G/ r, _( x6 z$ {0 m. Z& N) lPolitics: The ads for politicians and political causes often use glittering generalities because such “buzz words” can influence votes. Election slogans include high-sounding but basically empty phrases.
9 _4 |6 A1 z: n  q  A- [Products: Ads for consumer goods are also sprinkles with glittering generalities. Product names, for instance, are supposed to evoke good feelings.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 08:18 , Processed in 0.271634 second(s), 21 queries .