QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 43|回复: 0

[GRE写作] gre写作辅导:写作资料句子12

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1.critical thinking& g; d9 Q9 Y$ b5 L# s) x
Critical thinking is a path to intellectual adventure. Though there are dozens of possible approaches, the progress can be boiled down to concrete steps.
/ J6 _% B+ W! I5 [
3 F9 H; B! ]3 L( m7 @% [Be willing to say “I don’t know”
0 i- l, d9 W/ m+ g+ I5 P# t5 N2 h* YSome of the most profound thinkers of our time have practiced the art o critical thinking by using two magic phrases: I don’t know and I am not sure yet.1 n6 C8 Z6 Q6 C1 [. ?

0 b; @" J7 {$ M2 ~Those are words many people do not like to hear. We live in times when people are criticized for changing their minds. Our society rewards quick answers and quotable “sound bites.” We’re under considerable pressure to utter the truth in 15 seconds or less( q, n( F6 G+ B7 d. w) ~
3 F& ~  c# z8 U; H3 |- Q
In such a society, it is a courageous and unusual act to pause, to look, to examine, to be thoughtful to consider many points o view--- and to not know. When a society embraces half-truths in a blind rush for certainty, commitment to uncertainty can move us forward.+ u8 q# w9 C" l2 p
7 @$ I: n  O& L# n. W4 W
Think again$ u9 d# s" H" U/ u5 v
When we use the base-three number system, two plus two equals 11. A child learning to write numbers might insist that two and two makes 22. And a biologist might joke that two plus two adds up to a whole lot more than four when we’re talking about the reproductive life for rabbits.! N! v& e& b+ t6 t1 T+ J: |6 A5 Y
' z* ~8 p: M4 T& X* v# z0 W
Define your terms" w- b! V( w6 a; e
5 F3 ~; T/ }% {) u# n
Practice tolerance( K# a- q$ O$ p7 e) H7 W
Having opinions about issues is natural. When you stop having opinions, you are probably not breathing anymore. The problem comes when we hold opinions in a way that leads to defensiveness, put-downs, or put-offs.
% K8 T; w3 C* f! g6 P; f
. N/ ]4 z4 H( `  e. U/ M/ Q! }1 SGoing hand in hand with critical thinking is tolerance for attitudes that differs from yours. Consider that many of the ideas we currently accept—democracy, Christianity, voting rights for women, civil rights for people of color---were once considered the claims of “dangerous” and unpopular minorities. This historical perspective helps us accept a tenet of critical thinking: What seems outlandish today may become accepted a century, a decade, or even a year from now.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 19:53 , Processed in 0.296719 second(s), 21 queries .