QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 66|回复: 0

[GRE写作] gre写作辅导:写作资料句子28

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1.The function of Art
+ B3 G2 e6 i2 yArt has an effect on the individual and on a particular culture in a society. Psychologically, art enhances life by adding beauty to our surroundings. It is a source of pleasure and relaxation from the stresses of life. Socially, art plays a number of different roles by virtue of its capacity to embody symbolic significance to its audience.0 b9 M4 I9 o1 A7 }" |
8 u0 a2 t) A' W
Art and Social Organization - \6 U9 K0 z1 P8 k% n9 _* |
Art fulfills a number of important social functions. It is used to communicate the various statues people hold. It can play a role in regulating economic activities. And it is almost always a means for expressing important political and religious ideas and religious ideas and for teaching principles that are valued in society. These and other social uses of art function to preserve the established social organization of each society.  v$ m6 ?% j# Z5 z0 E: ~8 ~

* Q/ }* F0 r2 PStatus Indication
$ M0 }& }& @& J% }# o# S" a2 [One of the social functions of art is the communication of status differences between individuals. For instance, gender differences in body decorations and dress are typical of cultures throughout the world. Age differences may be similarly indicated. Puberty rituals often include tattooing, scarification of the body in decoration designs, or even filing of the teeth to between children and adults. Social class differences in complex societies also involve aesthetic markers such as the clothing people wear and the kinds of artworks the use as decorations of their homes. According to Sahlins, social and economic class, age and gender differences are noticeable even in the kinds of fabrics people’s clothing is made from. For instance, silks in mist societies are predominantly worn by women, especially those who are part of the upper classes and those who are middle-aged.
# }$ N+ X1 t$ t: |6 i+ r
! C4 E1 h' [2 G" i8 |: @$ \# LEconomic Functions
7 D3 I8 o0 v$ S+ S; n5 SEconomic life, by virtue of its practical importance to its our survival and to our standard of living, can sometimes be a source of conflict between groups that must carry out exchange with one another. Sometimes art, perhaps because it is valued for its nonutilitarian qualities, can play a role of maintaining harmony in such settings.% t/ q: z" b7 ?$ p$ ^' _$ R

* B( P3 N6 p) {4 B+ e1 ZReligious Functions3 ^7 H( H9 t/ g8 d+ o/ Q: m
Much of dramatic and emotional impact of religion derives from its use of art. Religious rituals everywhere include song and dance performances, and the visual arts function to heighten the emotional component of religious experience in all parts of the world, by portraying important scenes and symbols from religious history and mythology. In some cultures, art and religious ritual are inseparable. For instance, among the Abelam of Papua New Guinea, all art is produced for use in rituals.! A2 e' h7 ]' n: f) m; ^) E

& ~0 G. f5 E# _% n3 u2 h# S; zDidactic Functions
( @+ p& L/ |7 e# t! y: nArt is often employed as a means for teaching important cultural ideas and values. For instance, hymns in Western religious express theological concepts and encourage the support of specific religious values.
( S% _; y. i" y' y6 kPolitical functions& @. V4 u8 K6 y; u
Art often functions to legitimize the authority of government.
6 F: ~) t6 L0 g  zAs a statement about the legitimacy of governmental authority, art is a conservative force in society. In this role, it is intended to elicit loyalty and to stabilize society and its political system. Governments also sometimes deliberately employ this aspect of art as propaganda urging public action that supports official policy. Thus, propagandistic are embodies both didactic and political functions.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 23:19 , Processed in 0.144784 second(s), 21 queries .