立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 45|回复: 0

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The speaker oversimplifies the issue of academic influence on society.
: B0 U5 B9 E1 G7 a1.       It is true that academic disciplines have become so specialized nowadays that some scholar’s seemingly idiosyncratic ideas only reach a narrow audience. % I7 c6 f2 ^9 G4 |" l  V7 A0 ]% r" ]
2.       It is also true that social scientists’ failing to reach the large public makes it impossible for their ideas to contribute to society. " j# f$ C" y9 T+ L$ E( j
3.       Nevertheless, scholars in certain realms are doomed to live in an isolated and purely academic world, which does not necessarily mean that their ideas will have little use. ; r% H4 p% y9 \( {) ^! o, c
  9 `* ]8 o+ s% D3 E, C
过分专业化问题 overspecialization  ; A8 ]' P2 M4 O& I
------------------------------ & j# Z7 w, K6 D+ S6 R
15. "The stability of a society depends on how it responds to the extremes of human behavior."  
4 ~8 c& i* a9 T7 b   5 m8 p* h; a8 J1 G3 h# Z
一个社会的稳定取决于该社会对人们极端行为所作出的反应。  
, ]& X* h# O4 j6 r7 a: H  
" o, G1 h3 ]' g: v7 uIt is true that how a society copes with the extremes of human behavior largely determines the society’s stability.
7 u0 m& ^. _  \" y& v. o) x9 }3 J1.       The extremes of human behavior--such as violence or strikes--usually dictate grave social troubles.
2 B3 @1 Q) a" `, I: T, [$ ?: K2.       One solution to these social problems is suppressing, which proves effective in the short run and counterproductive in the long run.
! z2 C7 k, c8 O$ Q! Q' ~3.       The most effective way of responding to such problems is constructive communication and sometimes compromise.  
) E8 ]+ ?) p0 w- J  G) O# Y抽象型题目  
& N4 @% b; d5 W# Z7 I3 O------------------------------  
& }# Z* j" e& F1 m1 i  }/ u   ! [! U3 z" {) b# f
16. "Although many people think that the luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life are entirely harmless, in fact, they actually prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals."  
1 c; |# x6 f/ g   3 G& I1 _' u* f0 w
尽管许多人认为现代生活的奢华和便利是丝毫没有坏处的,但是这实际上让人们无法成为真正强大和独立的个体。  ' |, y- e0 ]$ D; l( j1 z9 @- l
Agree + p8 F; z1 W9 w: ?2 e
1.       Consider first the effect of the automobile on our independence as individuals. In some respects the automobile serves to enhance such independence. " m% _/ I  o% l3 O
2.       However, we have become slaves to the automobile. 6 p$ T0 w8 T: b$ N0 e! P
3.       Consider next the overall impact of the automobile on our strength as individuals, by which I mean strength of character, or mettle.
: g: i) C1 T/ A4.       In contrast, there is a certain strength of character that comes with eschewing modern conveniences such as cars, and with the knowledge that one is contributing to a cleaner and quieter environment, a safer neighborhood, and arguably a more genteel society.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 00:43 , Processed in 0.264593 second(s), 21 queries .