立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 96|回复: 1

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲十五

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
-160. "The most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently committed to particular principles and objectives. Any leader who is quickly and easily influenced by shifts in popular opinion will accomplish little."  
( O( X) V/ v! z: g9 }   
! Q- ^3 z- i( }4 r6 T5 ~! @) Y对于一位强有力的领导者来说,最关键的能力就是要对一些原则和目标坚定不移。任何领导如果很频繁的、很轻易的为大众意志而转移的话,他将会一事无成。  
& ?8 D0 [9 z) m# u* S  0 t9 y  _5 u+ O. v/ t
In addressing the issue it is helpful to consider, in turn, three distinct forms of leadership: business, political and social-spiritual. 2 i5 y6 q5 `: {! Q; J' \7 J

* [0 M8 r: _  `# C4 Q$ R; W' Q1.       In the business realm, effective leadership is generally defined, at least in our corporate culture, as that which achieves the goal of profit maximization for a firm’s shareholders or other owners.
1 R+ X; C( O# M2 i( y" t% ^1 f1 {  Y2.       In the political realm, stubborn adherence to one’s objective in the short term might serve a political leader’s interest in preserving his or her power, yet in the long term such behavior invariably results in that leader’s downfall.
) r4 `. y" m0 `: \; j3 z6 J3.       Socio-spiritual leadership, in order to be effective, inherently requires that the leader remain steadfastly committed to principle.
2 J, Q4 e( y- B6 E6 Y3 _% H+ h少数和多数之领导与大众  - K  L6 I& S& ~

! h7 ^% L; g/ c) s4 {------------------------------ + T( q% B. z# \( M+ [
170. "The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but the general welfare of all its people."  
& x' {, h4 H/ E' [+ f   
- m. q8 l  p) M7 }+ j$ K# z! s一个伟大国家最真实的体现不是它的统治者、艺术家或者科学家的成就,而是他所有老百姓的普通福利(幸福)。  
& @! j: I6 ^8 c) _/ H  . r, N, Q" d3 }4 v
1.       Admittedly, the overriding imperative of any democratic state is to enhance the general welfare of its citizenry. Yet the speaker fails to provide a clear litmus test for measuring that welfare.
. `- P0 m$ n" E% o  z8 T+ P2.       Many scientific achievements serve to enhance a nation’s general welfare.  
! t* f  Z  i' A+ S1 q( i; {3.       Artistic achievement is also needed to make a nation a better place for humans overall.
- `; W: u: [" v& U4.       We should also be careful not to hastily assume that a nation is necessarily great merely by virtue of the achievements of individual citizens.  
2 H' }; V, ~! ^1 x社会精英和人民大众  7 A) n% g$ J8 h/ ]6 p3 |7 f: \+ r% j
the general welfare  
, ?( n% J4 m! U------------------------------ 0 h& n) s% D7 x7 R, _
171. "People who pursue their own intellectual interests for purely personal reasons are more likely to benefit the rest of the world than are people who try to act for the public good."  
8 r8 A4 U. D7 ^# L1 H+ b. N; R, P   
' ]4 j2 R4 ?( E& Q, C能够造福社会的是那些纯粹出于个人原因而追求自己兴趣知识的人,而不是那些打算为大众谋福利的人。  
3 a9 c( v% N) ^& B  
, M) ]" ~9 A+ i0 [5 h4 U6 qAgree 6 X/ b- n% X8 Z2 t, m( \: X
1.       By human nature we are motivated to pursue activities in which we excel.   g/ y$ ]' k) D, O) d2 G/ d" H6 Y
2.       Secondly, it is unusual avenues of personal interest that most often lead to the greatest contributions to society.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:22 | 显示全部楼层

历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲十五

3.       Thirdly, to adopt a view that runs contrary to the speaker’s position would be to sanction certain intellectual pursuits while proscribing others—which smacks of thought control and political oppression.
7 w  ]; {( f9 q8 k7 f0 S  
5 {( L7 T' T) b8 `+ O个人和整体之动机
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 15:30 , Processed in 0.230208 second(s), 23 queries .