立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 91|回复: 1

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲十九

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
25. "Anyone can make things bigger and more complex. What requires real effort and courage is to move in the opposite direction--in other words, to make things as simple as possible."    S7 {+ O3 @: _

F8 t1 m! r& Q! I3 Q9 q: H任何人都可以把事情简单复杂化,但是需要真正努力和勇气的恰恰相反,也就是说应该把事情变得尽可能的简单。  
' D- Q% K- r+ ~2 Q. {' O" j  4 G5 o- ?, U& T
1.       The statement brings immediately to mind the ever-growing and increasingly complex digital world.
6 V- a/ q8 i! K% [2.       Lending even more credence to the statement is the so-called “big government” phenomenon. # O' [% \$ K0 v9 R. H9 g, `0 j- G
3.       Adding further credibility to the statement is the tendency of most people to complicate their personal lives.
: ^; n# v/ a& Y0 `6 P1 ?3 }5 Q- t1 P  
/ Z4 X6 l/ i. ]" d- E复杂和简单  # k6 [$ a! L4 L& }2 g& b: J
------------------------------  " z1 d* B4 p2 K  ]
   9 H- m: y& ?+ B' k6 R  B; G# l
    3 d& i, k( `5 \8 w8 w* c2 O% g
27. "No one can possibly achieve success in the world by conforming to conventional practices and conventional ways of thinking."  
) s3 C9 n1 V: j, |3 d0 O   ! s1 q7 K& q: [* f9 Z; ?
这个世界上没有人能够靠墨守陈规(行动或者思维上的)而获得成功。  + p! m$ s2 r+ M2 m$ Y: h- x1 l

" f& V8 M6 X  [' X* v! V  M, G1.       Traditional ways of thinking are treasures which will prevent us from wasting time and energy on trial things.
2 k( h6 q6 H' n1 r: i2.       However, we can create nothing if we are only confined to the conventional experience. 7 ^2 M- \. P7 a6 Q

$ Z; @1 k, I; E( c6 A) b( C8 z/ K新手和老手之墨守成规和成功  9 G% ?. F  W. M: {" {& a' \" C
------------------------------  , R# J. x, a: M( q/ p1 i
   - V* j& j/ {( _# i. O. ?# {$ ?# z
31. "Money spent on research is almost always a good investment, even when the results of that research are controversial."  
; b# W& ?9 u" ^  l9 W   / Q# i* o% e6 W6 a
花在研究上的资金基本上都是不错的投资,即使研究的结果是有争议的。  
1 ~0 ~! B# T2 k) b! H& r, ~& [6 ]3 CDisagree with concession:     h* F9 p+ i" b% t, M
1.       I concede that the speaker is on the correct philosophical side of this issue. After all, research is the exploration of the unknown for answers to our questions, and for lasting solutions to our endure problems.
1 X# H# e3 @  E  X3 Q$ m( \2.       While we must invest in research irrespective of whether the results might be controversial, at the same time we should be circumspect about research whose objectives are too vague and whose potential benefits are too speculative.
8 h: v  O4 c9 P* X# u3.       No amount of research can completely solve the enduring problems of war, poverty and violence, for the reason that they stem from the certain aspects of human nature—such as aggression and greed.
  o+ ?9 J3 [& R1 x  
. t$ Q: @9 x$ H# }* I* C现实和理想  - y' y9 L, U' C  p. r
    |0 S# ^" u( c+ @3 k2 [! C% I' T
------------------------------  
# @4 M! Y. ?1 C2 W, u8 q   
: i* _( p; |( ?5 S7 K* ?! V35. "No matter what the situation, it is more harmful to compromise one’s beliefs than to adhere to them."  
: x: N8 U" c" @! m% |   
" \9 J9 @4 ~$ ]( Q- X, o无论在什么样的情况下,折衷自己的信仰要比坚持有害。  
7 e% |+ y. y$ t( S   
) \* Y/ O& s0 l1.       Having a belief is a good thing for an individual in a certain degree in the form of spiritual support. However, if the belief goes too extreme and even influences people’s life and family negatively, it is best to reconsider whether the belief worth so much persistence.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:22 | 显示全部楼层

历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲十九

2.       Choosing to compromise does not mean that we have to give up our original belief. On the contrary, we are finding a better way to perfect our belief.
1 a/ Z* n. V6 [. S   $ K4 S+ E6 c0 \. h( F6 F
信仰
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 10:22 , Processed in 0.288350 second(s), 23 queries .